Where shall we have lunch in Windsor?
Everyone who comes to town for the day asks the question ‘where shall we have lunch in Windsor’?
“The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why, and Where phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question ‘How can we eat?’, the second by the question ‘Why do we eat?’, and the third by the question ‘Where shall we have lunch?”
Phase three sorted – have lunch in Windsor at The Boatman riverside gastropub and restaurant.
Three Lunch menus
We have three different lunchtime menus as well as a Sunday roast menu, which changes each week.
- A la carte (7 days a week from 12 noon until 6pm)
- Choose from our traditional British menu with a modern twist including dishes such as grilled seabass fillets; 21 day aged rib eye steak; hand shredded warm duck and mango salad; shoulder of lamb; gourmet burger; fish and chips and a sumptuous sharing platter.
- Desserts include our famous Eton Mess as featured on BBC One’s The One Show and handmade chocolate brownie or tiramisu.
- You may want to linger over this menu so why not enjoy it with friends or family (or even treat business colleagues).
- If you prefer a quick bite or a lighter lunch check out our two course seasonal menu and lighter lunch choices.
- Two course lunch seasonal menu (Monday to Friday between 12 noon and 5pm)
- At a special price of £12.95 per person (including VAT) our Head Chef has selected four starters for you to choose from including grilled asparagus and poached egg with a lemon hollandaise sauce; baby squid rings, with rocket and a sweet chilli sauce; warm bacon and chorizo salad with roasted pumpkin and peanuts
- Plus a selection of four mains including spinach and blue cheese omelette with chunky chips and rocket; chilli con carne with Basmati rice or jacket potato and green beans; and cod and salmon fish pie with buttered vegetables.
- Lighter lunch seasonal menu (Monday to Saturday bewteen 12 noon and 5pm)
- For those who have a lighter appetite or want a quick lunch we have a vegetarian soup of the day for just £4.95 served with warm bread.
- Or choose from our freshly made paninis or sandwiches served with chunky chips and mixed salad leaves for just £6.95, which includes fillings such as cajun chicken and applewood cheddar; tuna melt; traditional BLT or sunblushed tomato with rocket and basil pesto.
Roasts on Sundays
Every Sunday we have guests coming from far and beyond to enjoy our famous Sunday roasts. We’ve been told it’s the best Sunday roast lunch in Windsor and so it would be advisable to book a table to avoid disappointment! Each Sunday we pick two different meats to serve, and of course you can also eat from the main menu which has vegetarian options. Our meat choices include two from the following each week:
- Roast Rump of Beef
- Roast Leg of Pork
- Roast Leg of Lamb
- Roast Supreme of Chicken
- Roast Breast of Turkey
Call us to book a table. We have space for both small and large bookings with tables near an open fire in the bar which are very popular.
We look forward to seeing you at The Boatman soon.